Simply Fix AMP Error dateModified:missing and recommended
Recently Google is has introduced Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), the main purpose of this AMP to sending faster and neat and clean website to Mobile traffic. So if your site is faster to load then there is a greater chance to get huge traffic from Mobile device user. Now traffic sources increases due to invention of various smart devices. So any how we should make your Blogger template mobile friendly. But by using only mobile friendly site you won’t able to improve your site for AMP friendly.
Nevertheless there is a pre requisition to make your site AMP friendly. Almost all major search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex has set a standard machine readable language which is known as schema.org markup. And for proper optimizing a site according to schema.org markup we have to code our templates that match structured data.
I know you are feeling dizzy… lots of critical things I have brought. But don’t worry I am making it easy. The dateModified error shows while we test our template on structured data testing tool. You can check it by visiting below link-
If you find that dateModified:missing and recommended error on structured data testing result then you should fix this issue. I am showing you how?
Before solving this issue you have to fix datePublished: missing and required Error from your Blogger template. I have already published article with solution to fix this issue. Please visit below link and fix it first.
I assume that you have fix the date published error and now proceed to the next level.
Step 1 Go to https://www.blogger.com and Sign in to your account
Step 2 From Blogger Dashboard click on ->Template ->Edit HTML
Step 3 And locate script like below which you have already added while fixing the datePublished: missing and required Error from your Blogger template
<span class='post-timestamp'> <span class='post-timestamp'> <b:if cond='data:top.showTimestamp'> <b:if cond='data:post.url'> <a class='timestamp-link' expr:href='data:post.url' rel='bookmark' title='permanent link'><abbr class='published updated' expr:title='data:post.timestampISO8601' itemprop='datePublished'><data:post.timestamp/></abbr></a> </b:if> </b:if> </span> </span>
Step 4 Now locate itemprop='datePublished' from above script and replace it by itemprop='datePublished dateModified'
Step 5 The final step output of the script will be like below
<span class='post-timestamp'> <span class='post-timestamp'> <b:if cond='data:top.showTimestamp'> <b:if cond='data:post.url'> <a class='timestamp-link' expr:href='data:post.url' rel='bookmark' title='permanent link'><abbr class='published updated' expr:title='data:post.timestampISO8601' itemprop='datePublished dateModified '><data:post.timestamp/></abbr></a> </b:if> </b:if> </span> </span>
Step 6 Now simply hit the Save template button.
You might think what I have added in above script? This is very simple search engine robot can understand the schema.org markup. And while I fix the error about date published then I have given the search robot additional information by itemprop='datePublished’ and in secondly I have added another itemprop=' dateModified’ to tell search robot about the Post modification date. Though we are allowed to combine the code as a result I have combined the both code by itemprop='datePublished dateModified ‘. Now you can check your Blogger template in Google structured data testing tools and see error has fixed.
The main purpose to fix this error, after publishing a Blog post sometimes we need to modify the post and update it. As a result search robot wants to know when you have updated the post. I mean post update date. And after fixing this error search robot will easily understand about post modification date. If you have any query regarding this, don’t hesitate to write. Thank you.