How to install WordPress Theme from Official Directory?
Official WordPress theme directory allow users to search and select desire theme. But to do this your WordPress site should be listed with official theme directory. This is the easiest way to install a WordPress theme as well as this allows you to search various WordPress theme from your site admin page.
However every theme in the official directory has to have Tags that describe its functionality which will allow users to easily search for the right themes. So in this tutorial we will learn how we can search official theme by using Feature filter from WordPress site admin page.
Step 1 Log in to your WordPress account and go to Dashboard
Step 2 Click on ->Appearance ->Themes -> Add New you will see your installed theme.
Step 3 Now type theme type on search box for example Blog
Step 4 Under Feature Filter put tick on check box for selecting specific feature, such as:
- Colors: This option will allow you to select your desired theme color
- Columns: You can select your theme column. One, two or three column theme.
- Layout: Different layout available on WordPress theme. Fluid, Fixed or responsive. My recommendation to select Responsive layout.
- Features: You can also choose features to search themes. Such as full width, boxed, menus etc.
- Subject: This option will allow the subject based search. Such as, Photo blogging, holiday or seasonal.
Step 5 Finally hit the Find Themes button. And now you will see template list with thumbnail.
Step 6 To install the theme click on Install Now link.
Step 7 After installing your desired theme click on Live Preview link so see the template demo.
Step 8 Now click on Save & Activate button from top left corner of screen.
Now check your WordPress site to see the new theme with fresh look. Your new installed theme will enlisted on your installed theme directory. That's it. You have successfully installed WordPress Theme from Official Directory.