How to Stop Blog redirection to a country-specific URL (ccTLD)?
Why My Blog redirects to a country-specific URL (ccTLD)? How to prevent it?
Recently we have seen some unexpected changes on our Blog URL. That is Domain URL is changing automatically. For example: from [blogname].blogspot.com to [blogname].blogspot.com.in). This is not an error from your Domain name provider. Many newbie think that their Blog URL is redirecting for the malfunctioning, but in real this is done by Google itself. Based on your Blog visitors your domain will automatically redirect to a country specific URL (ccTLD).
The prime reason behind country redirection domain is to implement the laws to free expression and controversial contents. For example: Same law is not application to all countries or geo locations. So When Google receives a content removal request from local areas that violate local law then content will be remove from the local domains.
So this means country specific domains is not a different Blog address. But your Blog domain will redirect based on the country where you are currently located.
Does it affect my Blog?
- Country-specific URL (ccTLD) won’t affect you Blog.
- If you are using your Blog with custom domain then obviously it won’t affect by redirection
- BlogSpot domain users will see country specific domain but this is totally based on their location.
- It won’t affect your Blog visibility on search engine
- There are a simple SEO related issue because in every crawl search engine have to find your content from different domain. But Blogger is now working on it that will make search engine to find content from [blogname].blogspot.com version only.
List of Country-specific URL (ccTLD)
Generally we see Country-specific URL (ccTLD) in case of below countries-
- Argentina (blogspot.com.ar)
- Australia (blogspot.com.au)
- Brazil (blogspot.br)
- Canada (blogspot.ca)
- Germany (blogspot.de)
- India (blogspot.in)
- Indonesia (blogspot.co.id)
- Italy (blogspot.it)
- France (blogspot.fr)
- Japan (blogspot.jp)
- Mexico (blogspot.mx)
- New Zealand (blogspot.co.nz)
- Portugal (blogspot.pt)
- Spani (blogspot.cl)
- Sweden (blogspot.se)
- UK (blogspot.co.uk)
For example you Blog URL is [blogname].blogspot.com but when users visit your Blog from Canada then the URL will be changed to [blogname].blogspot.ca but don’t worry it is not harmful for your Blog Domain.
How to stop or prevent country redirection from your Domain?
Though Google has introduced this function and they have also given the solution. However we can prevent this function by 2 ways those has given below-
- Prevent Domain redirection by ncr (No Country Redirect)
1. Prevent Domain redirection by ncr (No Country Redirect)
This method has given by Google and this is very easy method. Just you have to add ncr at the end of your all URL.
However this is a manual process and everybody don’t like this. Because every time your Blog readers have to add ncr at the end of your Blog ULR. And I think nobody would love to add ncr frequently.
Step 1 Log in to your Blogger account and Go to your Blogger Dashboard
Step 2 Click on -> Template -> Edit HTML
Step 3 Now Find this code by pressing Ctrl+F (Windows) or CMD+F (Mac)
Step 4 Copy the script from below and paste the code below/after
Step 5 Now simply click Save template button.