Facebook Ads Audit: Things You Need To Know
Frequent auditing is vital in assessing the effectiveness and overall performance of your campaigns. In this article, you can learn “what is Facebook Ads audit”, “how to perform an audit”, and more.
Facebook Ads Audit in a NutshellAuditing Facebook Ads is a systematic analysis of a Facebook Ads campaign’s effectiveness based on its goals and best practices. Advertisers aim to point and note strengths and weaknesses to improve or maintain their marketing strategy as they move forward.
Auditing can be done on your preferred frequency or time frame. Albeit, it is significant to make sure you are assessing your campaigns under the following standard circumstances:
- You can do it at frequent intervals, say once a month or quarterly, to ensure all parameters are on brief and track
- When handling and assessing new client’s ad campaigns
- If unperceived issues occur and you want to examine what is happening
- If you aim to test a new strategy for your campaign or you want to make changes to your existing campaign
The results you are getting and the monetary cost the campaign is spending are some metrics you need to examine in your ad campaigns. Whereas an in-depth audit which is the recommended type of audit will further oversee the strategies you use, your targeted audiences, and the tools you are using.
Thorough auditing can help assess the performance of your campaigns and determine the agents that drive the results. Through auditing, you can directly spot relevant trends and helpful patterns. Thus, making it more feasible for you to establish converting campaigns.
Audits also play a vital role in ensuring that your accounts are in good hands. Because Facebook usually updates the platform regularly, auditing prevents you from disregarding significant changes like how pixels work or new ad styles.
Performing a Facebook Ads Audit
There are numerous steps to go through and a lot of data to note in performing an audit. Thus, it is recommended that you follow the steps in the process and track data in a centralized way to understand trends.
The following are the essential steps in performing an audit:
1. Acquire High-Level Access to the Account in Question
First, you need to have access to the Facebook Ad account you need to audit. Others will ask clients to email a summary of the report for analysis, but having direct access to the analytics is more viable.
These are the reasons why you need direct access:
- You can check additional information related to the campaigns rather than just relying on the raw information static reports given. Thus, helping you create a more thorough audit.
- You can see how performance changed over time.
- At times, you may want clients to include more information than standard reports have, e.g., frequency or CTR metrics, which you can affix to the dashboard.
- You can observe how the performance of the campaign changed over time.
You can ask the client to provide you with access to the business campaign manager. After getting the logins, it is also essential to know the team members who need to be removed, as you have to note who has access to the analytics.
2. Review & Download the MetricsAfter getting the access, you can now start viewing the metrics. Navigate to the Facebook Ads manager or a third-party tool, and start extracting necessary data.
Through the Ads Manager, you can browse the data on your dashboard, and you can also add additional parameters you want to track on your campaign. You can also create custom reports.
To comprehend elements like creative strategies, visuals, offers, and messaging, among others, you may visualize things at the ad level. So, you should download those reports in an excel or CSV file.
Ensure that your report includes significant metrics. It should contain the following:
- Conversion Rate
- Results (or number of actions taken)
- Cost per action
- Quality ranking
- Amount spent
Visual representations like graphs are also downloadable. Images can be helpful for your clients to understand your report.
3. Create an Audit Report File
You can upload your CSV file with your ads data to sheets, which you’ll use moving forward. Before doing anything, starting with a report document is highly recommended.
Documenting your report assists you in plugging information properly. Using an excel-type program is a good kick, like Google Sheets. Excel files allow you to add comments and insert notes easily. It might be helpful as you move forward when you upload your CSV file containing your ads data to sheets.
4. Evaluate the Value of Different Campaigns & Audiences
It is also essential to assess your various campaigns and your ads. It might be helpful if you look for patterns into what is working and what is not. For relatively small accounts, it is feasible to review all ads.
For larger accounts with multiple campaigns, you can monitor your top-performing ads. You can sort them by the objective, audiences, and stage of the funnel you are targeting.
5. Evaluate All the Ad Tools You’re Using
Aside from the aforementioned essential parts of Facebook Ads, the social media audit tools you are utilizing are just as significant to the success of your campaign. It might help to check if each parameter is in working order and assess the tools you have been using.
In evaluating your tools, the following questions might help:
- Is the organization of the campaigns making sense?
- Is finding campaigns based on their names easy?
- What attribution systems did you choose for your campaigns, and why?
List down all the things that need an update or need an alteration in any way.
6. Organize the Information into a Report
Systematically arrange every section of your report with unique subheadings. Include tables of data like metrics for easy review and make use of bullets more often. Note that you can always download visuals from the Facebook Ads Manager and other tools. You can include this in your reports to point out what you want to emphasize easily.
Strategically Audit Your Facebook Ads & Keep on Track!
Facebook Ads audit can be time-consuming, but the assurance it can offer to either maintain or improve your campaign strategy is priceless. Being confident in your plans and ensuring that you are right on track are keys to a successful campaign that would surely lead to positive impressions and increased conversions. Consider hiring a digital marketing agency today!