Why Should we change the blog post's publish date and time?
- Re-write your outdated content with up-to-date information.
- Remove all grammatical error that you have previously made.
- Add necessary keywords on your existing post to compete with other related post.
- Republishing the old blog post to avoid duplicate content SEO penalties.
- Adding Internal linking to increase pageview.
How to Edit blogger blog post's publish date and Republish for SEO?
- You must keep Blog post URL same - Because your old blog post already indexed by different search engines and maybe shared on various social media sites. So if you change the Blog Post URL then when a user click on the link from search Engine result page and social media site like Facebook, twitter, Pinterest etc. then they will land directly into error 404 page. As a result, you may lose referral traffic and pageviews as well.
- Avoid duplicate content - After publishing your blog post search engine index it and when you delete your old blog post and republish with a new URL then search engine will detect that post as duplicate content. Because you have same content with 2 unique URLs.
- Keep keywords on Blog Post title - Suppose you have written an article on On-page SEO and this is your main keyword. And when you are going to republish your article then you should keep the main keyword in your Post title. Otherwise, you will lose ranking on search engine for this special keyword.
- Modify the Post's META description - If you see your old meta description is not appropriate with your updated content then you should change it. And keep the META description within 150 words for better optimization .
How to Change the Post Date and Time on Blogger?
|Edit Blogger Blog post|
|Blog Post Publish Date and Time|
What should I do if I Change Blog post URL?
|Revert Your Blog Post into Draft|
|Select Custom Permalink and change the URL|
|How to change the date of a blog post in blogger and Republish for SEO?|